Re: [exim] Exim remote smtp response code

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim remote smtp response code
On Sunday, July 01, 2012 00:23:12, Nguyen Quan wrote:
> Hello Exim,
>
> I'm using Exim right now, and I have some issues to solve.
> How can I config in exim.conf to return every of remote smtp response code,
> include 2xx, 4xx and 5xx, when Exim connect to another mail server such as
> Yahoo or Google?

To do this you'll need to study Access Control Lists in chapter 42 of the
documentation.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch42.html

In general terms (might not be completely accurate):

- A matching 'accept' or 'discard' rule will generate a 2xx response.

- A matching 'defer' rule will generate a 4xx response.

- A matching 'deny' or 'drop' rule, or non-matching 'require' rule will
generate a 5xx response.

You most likely don't want to generate these responses solely on which server
is connecting though. To understand when to use which response, I suggest
studying RFC 5321 on the SMTP protocol. [This is a lot of reading, but
there's no better way to get a thorough understanding of this, in my humble
opinion.]

-- Chris

--
Chris Knadle