Re: [exim-dev] Pipe transport and 64kB limit due to wrong (?…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Christoph Schulz
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Pipe transport and 64kB limit due to wrong (?) SIGPIPE handling
On 2012-06-23 at 09:30 +0200, Christoph Schulz wrote:
> since exim 4.75, my pipe transport is not able to transfer more than
> 64kB of data. It is configured as follows:

> What do you think?

Great detective work, thanks.

So, the change in question is this one:
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
NM/06 Bugzilla 968: child_open_uid: restore default SIGPIPE handler
      Patch by Simon Arlott
----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------

http://bugs.exim.org/968

Is it possible that your /usr/bin/email2system is doing something more
than the brief description you gave?

The NM/06 change only changes the signal handler in the child process,
which becomes the process running your command, so the parent process is
doing nothing differently.

I might be wrong, but at this point I suspect that this is the invoked
script assuming the old, broken, behaviour of Exim and breaking with the
fixed behaviour. That's unfortunate, if true.

If you still believe the fault lies with Exim, could we see your
email2system script please, so we can consider next steps in tracking
this down?

Thanks,
-Phil