Re: [exim] Delays, timeouts, and conflict

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delays, timeouts, and conflict
Jethro R Binks wrote:

> I have:
>
> DELAY_SMTP_RCPT_FIRST = 30s
> DELAY_SMTP_DATA = 30s

Having started with progressive delays that went into multiple-minutes,
we eventually found that a mere 13s delay would cause well over 90% of
all 'bots that were going to abandon of their own volition AT ALL to do
so aroudn the 11-12s mark.

Cheap and cheerful to see if halving your settings to 15s fixes your
problem w/o further ado or increase in garbage.

Oh - and we didn't apply ANY delay unless something already had
presented dodgy creds or smelt of phish or such, so our delays were
embedded in various acl test clauses, never in MAIN.

Dunno why one would want to load up one's own server resources 100% of
the time without looking for a reason to trigger that. OTOH, I can't
grok the rationale for greylimping, either.

Bill
--
韓家標