Re: [exim] Cannot send to own domain (which is served by Goo…

Author: Ed
To: Odhiambo Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Cannot send to own domain (which is served by Google apps)
Sorry to be useless but didn't capture the output from the failed run
'cos I was expecting to run other tests, and it then started working!

The gist of the original error was no "user root at foo.com" when root
was the sender, not the recipient.

I made no changes to any configuration file nor even restarted exim,
the only new thing was trying mail -v -s. I don't know if it coincided
with something being refreshed, this is a mystery to me. I literally
did nothing excepting run mail (which failed) followed by exim -d -M
(which also failed) then run mail -v which worked.