Re: [exim] Newbie Question about Webmail

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Newbie Question about Webmail
Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM,<exim-users@???> wrote:
>> server like Exim. I suppose theoretically you could have a webmail app
>> which reads mail directly from a Maildir folder rather than connecting
>> to an IMAP service, but I'm not aware of any.
>
> Courier SQWebmail accesses maildirs directly, I've never used it, so I
> have no opinions on it.
>
> http://www.courier-mta.org/sqwebmail/
>
> ...Todd

It worked well enough for me for years. On (hate to admit this) the
better part of our 6 years with Qmail, then the full Courier-IMAP,
couple of SQL-resident in-betweens tried, then with Exim.

Our particular user base at the time didn't much like SQWebmail's
default looks or navigation, and I was too busy to customize them.

Mea culpa, not Sam's - so we migrated through a succession of others
'til finding Prayer.

Prayer we DID alter the looks of - but largely 'coz we didn't feel it
proper to use U. Cambridge look and colours and not BE U. Cambridge.

Only other major change needed was to allow for 64-characters in both
UID and PWD. Most folks can remember a long'ish poem or quotation easier
than a short random string, so bring plenty of time if you wish to
brute-force one of those pairs... 'specially if one or the other is in
Chinese..

..and no, not my sig, below.

I may have been born at night, but it was not LAST night.

Bill
--
韓家標