Re: [exim] Bad Header - Bad Form

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Totoro
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bad Header - Bad Form
On 2012-06-07 at 17:40 +0200, Totoro wrote:
> But on some server with more restrictive configuration it's look
> the: Passed BAD-HEADER log, put the message in quarantine.
>
> I want, if it's possible to fixe the BAD-HEADER problem who look to come
> from the sender server.

So, if I understand correctly, the issue is:

 (1) A client generates an email with a problematic header
 (2) The client sends the mail to your Exim, which sends on to the
     recipient
 (3) If the recipient is running Postfix, then in some configurations
     they will quarantine the email because of the bad header
 (4) You want to "repair" the email at step 2.

Without knowing what the actual problem with the mail was, I can't tell
what needs to be repaired or how to fix it.

However, Exim *does* to some fix-ups if it's in "submission" mode. If
you look at the _default_ Exim "configure" file, you'll see that in the
"acl_check_rcpt" ACL you can see "control = submission" applied to mails
from +relay_from_hosts and authenticated mails. You might also add
another rule to accept with submission fix-ups if $received_port is 587.

If you're *not* currently applying submission fix-ups to these mails, it
is a good first step to see if it fixes the problem. These fix-ups
should *only* be applied by the mail-server which is the first to
receive the mail from the client.

-Phil