[exim-dev] Exim Bug 1031

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Axel Rau, exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Exim Bug 1031
I have some questions about this patch as provided in your second to
last comment.
1. Are you running this patch in production?
2. Does mail suddenly stop flowing if the database server dies?
3. Some kind of "Unable to log to database" would be good if #2
happens. I didn't see any error handling code if the database write
fails, but that appears to be a function of the expand_string() call
and I haven't looked at it in detail yet.
4. I didn't see a schema anywhere, could you include a sample schema for this?
5. What happens if one email has multiple recipients? If one
recipient is accepted and the other is deferred and the third is
rejected, does all of that get logged individually? The answer
appears to be yes, but I am looking for verification.

There may be more as I experiment with it. The patch as it stands
looks pretty complete. I'll try to get this added into 4.81 if we can
clean up all the loose ends, but only if I fully understand it, how it
works, and if error modes are handled or non-impacting of regular mail
delivery.

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding