Re: [exim] VERP questions: deliverability, method and execut…

Author: Chip
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] VERP questions: deliverability, method and execution
On 6/4/2012 6:42 PM, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 2012-06-04 23:26, Chip wrote:
>> Let me ask this: can someone explain the workflow within the the
>> exim.conf which would allow us to create VERP data?
>
> Start here:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch49.html#SECTverp

I've been staring at that section of the manual all day. By workflow I
meant where are these snippets of code inserted into the exim.conf?
It's my understanding there is a particular flow of interconnected
operations between these stanzas and the manual only states what code
needs to be added. For a beginner trying to learn my way around an
exim.conf file, I need to know how these pieces interconnect or I am
left bewildered as to where these stanzas are inserted and if they
depend on other stanzas before and after them.

Is it simply enough to add the following in the transport section of the
exim.conf assuming all the literals in the stanza are corrected per our
configuration?

Thank you.

verp_smtp:
  driver = smtp