Re: [exim] Gmail and Google blocking inbound port 25?

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Mike Lyon
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail and Google blocking inbound port 25?
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Mike Lyon <mike.lyon@???> wrote:
> Well, I have the forward and reverse IPs matching. Don't have any MX
> records for that specific domain set-up because I don't have any inbound
> mail setup for that domain (nor do I want it).

Set up an MX record that indicates that then.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-delany-nullmx-00
It may only be draft, but I've seen it in the past in live production.

> It's an IP block that was allocated to us from ATT on a business circuit. I
> checked the IP addresses on MX toolbox and they come up clean

That's a good thing.

> Would they actually refuse the connection if there were no MX records for
> that domain?

If they do, then they break fallback to A records as defined in the RFC's.

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding