[exim-dev] gnutls_compat_mode is only available as main conf…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] gnutls_compat_mode is only available as main configuration option
Hello,

The docs for gnutls_compat_mode are not correct: It only exists as a
main configuration option, the corresponding option on the SMTP
transport does not exist. However (differently from other tls options)
the main configuration setting applies to both incoming and outgoing
corrections.

This is no new behavior in 4.80, 4.77 behaves the same way.

I do not think code changes are needed, people who want to use
compat_mode selectively for incoming or outgoing connections can use
"NORMAL:%COMPAT" in the respective tls_require_ciphers. (Afaict the
priority string setting is a superset of gnutls_compat_mode).

I can try to come up with a patch for the docmentation, unless you
think the sorce should be changed.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'