Re: [exim-dev] Exim sieve capabilities and pysieved

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim sieve capabilities and pysieved
On 2012-06-01 at 13:41 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 01/06/2012 08:49, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > I've just committed to Exim git a new command-line option, to
> > interrogate the binary for a supported list of Sieve extensions.
>
> I'm not a Seive user so can't comment on the specifics, but
> are there any other fields of configuration we might make
> visible via this means?

I hope so. That's why I deliberately took an option which was unused,
had vague semantic meaning (in line with existing -b* usage) and made it
extensible.

"exim -bI:help" shows what I mean. :)

"exim -bI:sieve" is the first to provide some use.

There's no reason to not split on a further colon, depending upon what
comes next.

For instance, "exim -bI:maildirquota:pdp@???" might route the
address locally and return data about any Maildir++ quota for the
delivery point. Hypothetically. I haven't written that and it's not on
my todo list.

Another approach would be to expose this under -bP. I only just thought
of that. Doh. "exim -bP sieve_extensions" ?

I've no firm preference; if we can't come up with more uses for -bI:*
then we can drop it and switch to -bP.

-Phil