Re: [exim] Exim4 Satellite Mode for two smtp servers

Author: Andrew
To: Abel Ferreira
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 Satellite Mode for two smtp servers

To do this you will need to configure exim using exim4.conf ( see http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ for more information ) rather than using the debian specific configuration you have included.

> today i use mutt to send emails from my script and just set this at
> the exim4 conf:
>
> dc_eximconfig_configtype='satellite'
> dc_other_hostnames=''
> dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
> dc_readhost='mydomain.com'
> dc_relay_domains=''
> dc_minimaldns='false'
> dc_relay_nets=''
> dc_smarthost='my.smtp.server::25'
> CFILEMODE='644'
> dc_use_split_config='false'
> dc_hide_mailname='true'
> dc_mailname_in_oh='true'
> dc_localdelivery='mail_spool'

This information looks very wrong for anything that would send email that would be accepted (unless you really have registered mydomain.com the genuine registered owner of that domain would probably get quite upset)

If you want to continue using the debian config options in update-exim4.conf.conf you would be best off asking the debian specific list which you can find more information by looking at the README file ( zless /usr/share/doc/exim4-config/README.Debian.gz )

-Andrew