Re: [exim] Exim 4.80 RC5 uploaded

Author: A J Thew
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.80 RC5 uploaded
On 24 May 2012 06:32, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> I have uploaded Exim 4.80 RC5 to:
>        ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/test/
>
> There is an attempt to resolve the compiler issues on some versions of
> Linux, a fix for OpenBSD's resolver library not having an expected
> typedef, and fixes to work on older OpenSSL libraries which lack SNI
> support.  Everything else changed is documentation and test suite, so
> I'm going to permit myself a little optimism that this will be the last
> RC and that the final release can be cut late in the weekend, to await
> people on Monday morning.
>
> As an experiment, this time there are three versions of each file;
> bzip2, gzip and lzip.  If you like lzip and want it to stay, please let
> us know.  The main distribution is only 8% smaller than bzip2 (28%
> smaller than gzip), but perhaps this will really add up.  I'm inclined
> to put out the 4.80 release with lzip and see what the reaction is.
>
> I'm also thinking that 4.80 might be the last release with SHA1
> checksums in the release mails and that afterwards we'll stick to just
> SHA256.  If there's a reason this would cause you problems, please do
> let me know; the decision isn't by any means fixed yet.
>
> The ChangeLog/NewStuff/README.UPDATING can be reviewed at:
>
>        http://git.exim.org/exim.git/blob/exim-4_80_RC5:/src/README.UPDATING
>        http://git.exim.org/exim.git/blob/exim-4_80_RC5:/doc/doc-txt/NewStuff
>        http://git.exim.org/exim.git/blob/exim-4_80_RC5:/doc/doc-txt/ChangeLog

Hi has anyone tried with an old gcc (2.95)? On Solaris 2.9/gcc 2.95.2

I get:

gcc pdkim.c
pdkim.c: In function `pdkim_feed_finish':
pdkim.c:1389: parse error before `*'
pdkim.c:1390: `hdrs' undeclared (first use in this function)
pdkim.c:1390: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
pdkim.c:1390: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [pdkim.o] Error 1

Thanks

--
Alan Thew