Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC1 uploaded

Autor: Dennis Davis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC1 uploaded
On Mon, 21 May 2012, Phil Pennock wrote:

> From: Phil Pennock <exim-users@???>
> To: Dennis Davis <D.H.Davis@???>
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:51:24
> Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC1 uploaded

> > OpenBSD needs the above change applied to OS/os.h-OpenBSD:
>
> Done, thanks.

Forgot to mention that this builds fine on Solaris5.10, i386
platform. I've got RC4 built against openssl-1.0.1c and in
production use on a server. This handles little email, so it's
hardly going to be a stress test.

> Any idea if they're moving towards the NetBSD resolver changes?

Not sure what these changes are.

> It's the sort of safety change I'd expect
> OpenBSD to make but I don't see the changes in
> <http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=resolver>.

They seem to be moving towards ditching BIND and replacing it with
unbound:

http://www.unbound.net/

and ldns:

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/ldns/

Looks to be in the post-OpenBSD5.1 source tree but not yet fully
integrated. See the discussion stating at:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=133745965814866&w=2
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101