Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC1 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC1 uploaded
On 2012-05-20 at 18:24 +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> FWIW I have just uploaded to Debian/experimental to check for
> build-errors. In a first try we are building with -Wformat=security
> and

> -extern BOOL    string_format(uschar *, int, const char *, ...) PRINTF_FUNCTION(3,4);
> +extern BOOL    string_format(uschar *, int, const char *, ...);

> as this has worked for me. ;-)

What is in git now is ALMOST_PRINTF(3,4), which normally expands empty.
Putting WANT_DEEPER_PRINTF_CHECKS=yes into Local/Makefile restores the
attribute. This affects string_format() and string_sprintf().

Doing this, the number of complaints dropped enough that looking at the
few that were left, I was able to fix some real (longstanding) issues.

-Phil