Re: [exim-dev] DCC header corruption

Autor: Wolfgang Breyha
A: Northfield Stuart
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] DCC header corruption
Hi!

Northfield Stuart wrote, on 18.05.2012 12:53:
> Upon investigation, I note that in dcc.c the global dcc_header is being
> pointed at a stack based string before the dcc code returns, despite the
> fact that there appears to be a (currently unused) global char array
> dcc_header_str which is presumably intended to have the header copied in to
> it and then dcc_header pointed at that.
>
> Replacing the following line (483 in my copy of src/dcc.c):
>
> dcc_header = xhdr;
>
> with
>
> strncpy(dcc_header = dcc_header_str, xhdr, sizeof(dcc_header_str));

After a first look ... you're absolutely right. I didn't recognized that,
because I use "direct_add_header";-)

I'll file a bug in the evening to hopefully get the fix in 4.80.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria