Re: [exim-dev] testsuite breakage

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] testsuite breakage
On 2012-05-13 13:45, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> The coding looking for that dual-use socket is (IMHO) highly dubious. It will
> false-pos when the IPv4 socket gets a "real" EADDRINUSE. I think I'm
> getting such - I'm also getting them for the initial (wildcard) socket
> whether IPv4 or v6. They seem to last 5-10 seconds.

Right; as far as 1001 goes the issue was a socket being held onto by "runtest"
from the 0564 testcase. I'll be committing a change that takes care to close it.

The dual-use detection still feels wrong to me.  I'm tempted to only call the
special-case test when IPV6_V6ONLY has not succeeded - but on further
reflection I wonder why exim should prefer separate v4 / v6 sockets rather
than a dual-use one, when the OS supports dual?    Maybe I'll try a testsuite
run in dual-mode to find out.

--
Jeremy