Re: [exim-dev] testsuite initial setup

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] testsuite initial setup
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> On 2012-05-12 at 19:47 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>> The README says "run ./configure" - but there's no
>> such file in that directory in the repo.  I've been
>> running "autoconf" to generate one; is this the
>> approved method?  If so I'll update the READ<E.
> Don't know the correct one, I'm just another person who picked up the
> test-suite through a lot of experimentation.  I use autoconf too.  Feel
> free to update the README: I certainly have!

I'll also be updating the README with a FAQ section of things that
I've figured out while getting the test suite to run. Aside from the
TLS tests, I seem to be down to just about 15 tests that have small
differences. I have spent most of my time trying to figure out if
observed breakage was a local problem or if it was actually something
broken in the tests or expected log files. Without feedback from
Jeremy, I would not be getting the positive results that I'm currently
getting.

This will be my first commit, so I'll be buying the case of beer
(virtual though it may be for the moment), but if any of you ever find
yourself in the L.A. area, look me up and I'll make it a stronger
drink :-)

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding