Re: [exim-dev] testsuite breakage

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] testsuite breakage
On 2012-05-10 at 01:56 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Now that I have an upgraded Perl and recovered the resulting breakage, I
> have a working runtest and I found the problem fairly quickly. I'm
> waiting on the test suite to finish before I push the fix, but it should
> be out fairly soon.

None of the test complaints I'm seeing now look like the result of any
of my changes.

Test 0152 has an added Sender: header.

Test 0288 has some berkeley DB errors and a missing dir; nothing I've
touched, I don't think.

Test 0358 has changes in retry times.

Test 0369 failed to replace /bin/sh with SHELL. SHELL=/bin/sh in my
environment, I don't know why it's not replacing content.

Test 0373 is missing "sock error". This was changed output accepted in
9d0b48b5; I suspect an OS-specific variance which we should track down.

Test 0548 appears similar to 0358.

Test 1003 test 7 times out on connect. Hope I haven't messed up my
network interfaces recently. I see this test-case was recently fixed.
I'd have to check my mail archives to see if this has worked for me in
the past (and I really need to not be awake right now).

OpenSSL tests need updating for 8BITMIME and for TLS1.2 negotiation,
Jeremy only fixed the GnuTLS ones? I'll do that tomorrow. That's 2100
and 3460 ranges.

confs/3650 appears to have disappeared?

The rest ran okay in a run which:
Omitting tests in 2000-GnuTLS (missing support GnuTLS)
Omitting tests in 3000-Perl (missing support Perl)
Omitting tests in 3100-dlfunc (missing support Expand_dlfunc)
Omitting tests in 3200-testdb (missing lookup testdb)
Omitting tests in 3450-plaintext-GnuTLS (missing support GnuTLS)
Omitting tests in 4000-scanning (missing running SpamAssassin)
Omitting tests in 4950-translate-ip (missing support translate_ip_address)

Fix pushed.

-Phil