Re: [exim] Continuing development of Exim

Author: Chris Wilson
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Continuing development of Exim
Hi Jeremy,

On Mon, 7 May 2012, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Perhaps you should keep an eye on the devs mailinglist? All
> contributions welcome.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've signed up for it.

> Then, another route for logging suggestions is the bugs database.

Noted. I thought these were mostly too vague and/or controversial to file
as enhancement requests.

>> Of course that last task is a huge one, and while I could contribute to
>> it, I would not like to do it alone, or to simply hack away at it in my
>> spare time and present it as a "fait accompli". So I'd like to see if
>> there's any agreement that this is a sensible way to proceed, and if so
>> to put together a working group, a roadmap and a division of labour.
>
> You'd also lose some existing maintainers.

It's definitely not my intention to alienate anyone. Is that because
some maintainers wouldn't know Python/Lua and wouldn't want to learn? Or
because they wouldn't be interested in Exim any more if it moved in this
direction? Or because it would annoy them?

Cheers, Chris.
--
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig@???> Cambs UK |