Re: [exim-dev] [exim] Avoid OpenSSL 1.0.1 for Exim, for now

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: Todd Lyons, exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] [exim] Avoid OpenSSL 1.0.1 for Exim, for now
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> Didn't some recentish release of gcc restore some historical behaviour
> (of Unix cc) when it comes to symbol resolution and the order of files
> and libraries on the command-line, or was that only for static linking
> and .a files?

Ugh, you said it right off. I just didn't grok what you said. Thanks
for making me dig for it, that's always a better lesson.

So yes, order of files and libraries is important for the version of
gcc that I'm running:
[todd@todd-Latitude-D620 ~/projects/exim/test (master)]$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding