Re: [exim] help with sender login mismatch

Author: Duane Hill
To: exim-users
CC: Odhiambo Washington
Subject: Re: [exim] help with sender login mismatch
On Friday, April 27, 2012 at 13:30:48 UTC, odhiambo@??? confabulated:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 15:03, Duane Hill <duihi77@???> wrote:

>> On Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 18:56:18 UTC, prueba@???:
>>
>> > Hello guys i am having this issue with exim i am trying to set a rule
>> > like this one in postfix
>> > reject_sender_login_mismatch that allows to reject the mismatch between
>> > the user used in the login and the header part "FROM:" can some cast any
>> > light over this. thank
>>
>> This works for me:

>> acl_smtp_mail = acl_check_mail
>> acl_check_mail:
>>  # smtp mail [4-3]: Deny the authenticated sender if the authenticated id
>>  #                  does not match the sender address.
>>  #
>>  deny    authenticated = *
>>          condition     = ${if
>> eq{$authenticated_id}{$sender_address}{no}{yes}}
>>          message       = Your authenticating ID must match your sending
>> address.
>>          log_message   = 4-3: Authenticated ID ($authenticated_id) does
>> not \
>>                          match the sending address ($sender_address).

> Hello Duane,

> Is this the only rule you use, and it works in isolation? I mean, no other
> related config option is required?

If I authenticate using duane@??? and use duane@??? as
the sending address, the rejection will occur. If the authenticated
ID and sending address are the same, it passes that ACL rule. What are
you referring to working in isolation? There are no other connections
to the server authenticating other than the local email accounts.

--
If at first you don't succeed...
...so much for skydiving.