Re: [pcre-dev] \s*\R regression

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ralf Junker
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] \s*\R regression
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Ralf Junker wrote:

> Starting with PCRE 8.10, there is a \s*\R regression compared to PCRE 8.02.

> I believe the regression was caused by SVN 528, which changed pcre_compile.c from
>
> case OP_WHITESPACE:
> return next == -ESC_S || next == -ESC_d || next == -ESC_w;

> case OP_WHITESPACE:
> return next == -ESC_S || next == -ESC_d || next == -ESC_w || next == -ESC_R;

You are quite right. That was in effect a typo: the addition should have
been to the OP_NOT_WHITESPACE case. I have fixed the bug and added some
tests (SVN 961).

> Running current SVN 959 pcretest also reports a memory overrun warning for each match:

I didn't see that when I used valgrind on Linux. Do you still get it
with SVN 961?

I'd like to add my thanks to Zoltán's for all the testing you do.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel