Re: [exim-dev] Refactor optional MAIL args processing

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Todd Lyons, Jeremy Harris, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Refactor optional MAIL args processing
On 2012-04-12 at 19:23 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2012-04-12 at 13:43 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> > I did some testing and every other MTA I can find accepts a TAB as a valid
> > separator, exim seems to be the only one who doesn't allow it. A quick fix
> > doesn't appear to be too intrusive, but there may be better ways of solving
> > it. This is in the extract_option() function. The line numbers will be
> > off since I have some other modifications in this file:
>
> Your fix looks good to me.

Went for a minor variation, using isspace(); the only bad character
matched by that is \n which can't be present anyway. Seemed better than
setting it to space, before an else check which wouldn't be applied
anyway, only to set it to \0 a moment later. Two tests is more work
than a 256 byte table lookup.

-Phil