[exim-dev] Documentation: marking of expansion options in do…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Documentation: marking of expansion options in documentation
Theres been a couple of cases recently where people have been caught out
by whether a configuration option uses expanded string value or the
literal string.

Currently we mark whether or not an option expands its value by adding a
dagger symbol to the type - see the first couple of entries at

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch14.html#SECTalomo

Would it be sensible to see about changing that dagger to something else
- say the string " (expanded)" in a smaller font, to make things rather
more obvious to those glancing at the docs.

[I'm also wondering about the idea of trying to grab a complete option
list from the source code and comparing it to that in the documentation,
but thats another ramble]

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]