Re: [exim] Best approach for simple MySQL & 'Virtual' Domain…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Best approach for simple MySQL & 'Virtual' Domain/Users?
On 10/04/2012 09:33, Ron White wrote:
> For the life of me I can't remember how to set this up! I can't figure
> which ROUTER to set up to do this.

There's nothing special about particular routers. They do what you've
configured them to, in the order they're run. So "which router"
depends entirely on your specific configuration. You'd need to
share it with us to get more specific help.

> I have a feeling I'll need an ACL on that query

Yes, _or_ carefully write the routers to validate the address and
have your rcpt acl do a verify=recipient (which calls the routers
in verify mode). Look around the documentation
(http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html).

> is there a
> simple way of having the router jump to a transport if the query
> matches, whilst expanding 'domain' and 'local_part' along the way?

You could fill in "address_data". Or, as you have it:

> The transport, I guess, will be something like this:
> local_mysql_delivery:
>          driver  = appendfile
>          directory = /var/mail/${domain}/${local_part}/

... just have the transport use the original. "jump to a transport"
is merely specifying on the router which transport to use.

--
Cheers,
     Jeremy