Re: [exim] Exim Queue and Slow sending speed

Góra strony
Autor: Marc Perkel
Dla: anand
CC: Exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Exim Queue and Slow sending speed

On 3/17/2012 3:58 AM, anand wrote:
> Hi, Below mentioned is our server configuration, We are trying to send
> around 300,000 emails a day(all opt in data). But the problem is when we
> send out only 100,000 emails. The mails gets stuck in queue and the sending
> speed is very low. We tried many thing to increase the speed but nothing
> works.
>

> Could you please let us know how can we increase speed and is the
> configuration of server is good to send out these many emails ?
>

> Please let us know.
>

> CPU:Intel i5-760 Quad CoreRAM:4GB DDR SDRAMDisk:250 GB 7200 RPM SATA
> hard...Primary IP:67.227.183.111Uptime:27d 6h 57m 45sBandwidth:6000GB
> Monthly Transfer
>

> Thanks,
>
> Anand

There are a couple of ways to speed up the queue. The first is to get a
fast SSD drive and run the queue mounted on it. But if you want to go
REALLY fast mount the queue in ram disk. What you can do is set it up so
that if it fails on first delivery that it forwards the mail to a second
"retry" server with a hard disk queue.

Fast queue drive and moving the message after 1 try will really speed
things up.