Re: [exim] exam can't read my private key file

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Iain Houston
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exam can't read my private key file

Iain Houston wrote:
> exim reports: 1SBE1H-0000FZ-4l unable to open private key file for reading: /etc/ssl/private/dkim.private.key
>
> yet I believe the file is readable, and other files in that directory are being used by Apache.

What user is exim running as?

What are the ownership and permissions on /etc/ssl and /etc/ssl/private ?

[BTW I think Apache reads SSL keys before it changes user, I haven't
looked at the exim DKIM implementation but I am betting it reads the
keys when it needs them, so running as the exim user]

It may be wise to move the DKIM key into the exim directory instead
(since opening the normal SSL keys directory permissions is likely to
expose things you would prefer left protected).

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]