Re: [exim] nwildlsearch

Author: 'Klaus Ethgen'
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] nwildlsearch

Hello,

first, please keep do not answer on the list _and_ private. I read the
list regular.

Am Mo den 12. Mär 2012 um 17:45 schrieb John Burnham:
> > am I right with that nwildlsearch will search for the _begin_
> > of the key
> > in the lookup and that I have to use "^...$" to be sure that
> > I match the
> > full string?
> >
> No.
> lsearch is a linear search and simply searches for the key given and returns the data associated with it.
> From the docs:
> lsearch: The given file is a text file that is searched linearly for a line beginning with the search key, terminated by a colon or white space or the end of the line. The search is case-insensitive; that is, upper and lower case letters are treated as the same. The first occurrence of the key that is found in the file is used.

So your answer suggests that I am right.

However, I read the documentation and it is not fully clear at that
point. It is clear that /lsearch/ match the begin of the search key. But
what about the /(n)wildsearch/? There is nothing in the documentation
except that this might be the same than with /lsearch/.

And with this assumption the /(n)wildsearch/ also matches the begin of
the search key. So if I match with ^...$ (or ^\N...$\N without the "n")
I should match the full search key?

Regards
   Klaus
--