Re: [exim] Bounce Spam problem

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bounce Spam problem
Ian Eiloart wrote:
> On 7 Feb 2012, at 09:02, W B Hacker wrote:
>>
>> Don't GENERATE bounces to off-box 'strangers'. At all. Allow ONLY
>> 'DSN' to your own 'local' user pool, virtual or shell.
>
> Actually, I don't see why you shouldn't do that

?? Seems fairly obvious that if 100% of rejections from outside-world
are handled at smtp-time, AND we take onboard only what we can (and DO)
deliver...

..there can be no situation that would REQUIRE an 'out-of-band' or
post-session DSN to a 'stranger'.

They'll generate their OWN if/as/when a server of ours is unreachable.

As to our own user-community, sure there are.

- Far-end rejection for ANY reason.

- Retry timeout on unreachable destinations.

> for a return-path
> address that's verified with an SPF pass, or a DKIM verified From:
> header address that uses the same domain as the signing domain. If
> recipients of such bounces have a complaint, it should be directed to
> the domain owner.

Irrelevant. Not germane.
There are no bounces to BE sent.

Even if there were, the CF's mentioned are not reliable.

Bill
--
韓家標