Re: [exim] How to check LOGIN in acl_smtp_auth

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Алексей Киреев
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to check LOGIN in acl_smtp_auth
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, Алексей Киреев wrote:

> From: Алексей Киреев <_lek@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:47:43
> Subject: [exim] How to check LOGIN in acl_smtp_auth
>
> Hello, i want to check IP and LOGIN in acl_smtp_auth (check it
> before authentication, if too many errors (password guessing)
> - reject now). As for IP - i can get it in $sender_host_name
> variable and check it. But how can i check LOGIN in this
> ACL? I have tested some variables - $authenticated_sender,
> $authenticated_id, $1, $2, $3, $auth1, $auth2, $auth3,
> $sender_address - these are empty. Any help appreciated.

Not a direct answer to your question, but you might want to look at:

http://www.sshguard.net/

It has the ability to track logs of many services -- including
exim -- and protect those services against brute force attacks.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101