Re: [pcre-dev] Calculated match recursion stack size

Author: Graycode
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Calculated match recursion stack size
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I'll make up an appropriate patch and send it to you to try on the RC1
> tarball.

If this is all one-off only applicable to building pcretest when
the base libary is a Windows DLL, then maybe just documenting a
consideration for pcre_tables.c in NON-UNIX-USE (10) would suffice.
It already has mention of a new need for pcre_printint.c, adding
something about pcre_tables.c seems reasonable.

"If your PCRE library was built as a Windows DLL then a compile of
pcre_tables.c will also need to be linked in for pcretest."

I think the users of PCRE should be generally capable of adjusting to
something like this to accommodate a particular platform target. We
just need some clues, and your excellent documentation and guidance
provides plenty of those.

I'd feel different if it was a failure to build the base library.
This is just an issue with pcretest in a particular configuration.
When someone encounters it they'll probably RTFM like I did.

Regards,
Graycode