Re: [pcre-dev] Calculated match recursion stack size

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Graycode
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Calculated match recursion stack size
On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Graycode wrote:

> Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm building the PCRE library as
> a Windows DLL. Pcre_tables was one of the things that went into it.
> Building a DLL produces a ".lib", but it's about 8K containing only
> a list of the exported items (functions and data vectors) that are
> externally accessible by programs using the DLL. PCRE functions or
> data declared with "PCRE_EXP_DECL" get exported and so are mentioned
> in that ".lib".

Oh, sigh. The differences in different environments. This would seem to
mean that building PCRE using the 8.30-RC1 tarball that I have just
released is going to fail on Windows, but I'll sit tight and wait till
somebody actually reports that it does.

But wait: pcretest.c includes the line

#include "pcre_tables.c"

so why do you need it externally as well? It must be a bit more
complicated...

Philip

--
Philip Hazel