Re: [exim] Exim Webmin Module.

Author: Todd Lyons
To: gpeel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Webmin Module.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM, gpeel <gpeel@???> wrote:
>> The code works fine in my limited testing.
>
> Actually, if you were to look at the result(s) in the webmin module, it does
> not work even closely. The Times and date are completely whacked...

My apologies, you specifically said that you thought the problem was
in the base62_to_decimal sub, so that's what I tested.

>> Probably because you're passing the whole message id string to the
>> function instead of just the portion which is the datetime.  Observe,
>> using your data:
>
> Sorry Todd, I am not passing anything, I did not write the code, a fellow
> named Alexander did. I tried to understand it but I think it is way above my
> head. I suspect I should take a sceen shot of the results, post that along
> with the whole module and see if anyone wants to take a shot at it...

You need to modify the gmt function so that it strips everything after
the first dash, like I did with my test program. Look how it works
below:

>> $ perl test.pl 1RkkUB-000CAI-Ce
>> Starting with 1RkkUB-000CAI-Ce
>> Reduced to 1RkkUB

>> You have to strip all the extra cruft after and including the first
>> dash.  Only the first 6 characters are significant for time
>> calculation.

Getting rid of all that extra stuff is what makes it work.

Regards...      Todd
--
SOPA: Any attempt to [use legal means to] reverse technological
advances is doomed.  --Leo Leporte