[pcre-dev] 8/16-bit pcre_extra & pcre_callout_block differen…

Author: Ralf Junker
To: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: [pcre-dev] 8/16-bit pcre_extra & pcre_callout_block differences?
I have doubts if the pcre_extra and pcre_callout_block structures should
be identical for both 8-bit and 16-bit versions of PCRE.

Both hold pointers to string data which is different between 8-bit and
16-bit, for example "mark" in pcre_extra and "subject" and "mark" in
pcre_callout_block.

If the current SVN trunk is compiled for 16-bit, these members must by
type-casted to their 16-bit values before being used. I noticed that you
have changed pcre_callout_block.mark to const void* which now requires
casts for both 8-bit an 16-bit.

Adding pcre16_extra and pcre16_callout_block with properly typed string
members would solve this dilemma.

What do you think?

Ralf