[exim] autosaving attached file

Góra strony
Autor: h.m.e@online.de
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] autosaving attached file
Hello,

this is my first post to this (and any list in general) list so please bear with me...

On an old linux box I had a handler installed in /etc/aliases like this:
    dropbox:     |/usr/local/bin/dropbox
The 'dropbox'-command stripped off the attachement and saved it to another folder for further processing by cron jobs.
When moving to a newer linux box (Ubuntu 8 LTS), this config doesn't run anymore. I of course recognized that the configuration of such a command processor has gone to the conf.d dir.

What didn't help:
- Read the config file: The configuration of exim got extremely complicatet, I'm no longer able to read it.
- Documentation 1st try: The documentation took me round in circles e.g. /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/400_exim4-config_system_aliases told me to have a look at /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz and this sent me back to the config files.
- Documentation 2nd try: Looking at the main documentation on the exim website disapointed a little, as I couldn't find an _easy_ example in there.
- Other forums: When reading around I found some similar job definitions but the people there either didn't mention in which configuration files to apply their examples or it was not applicable.

I'm stuck.

Any help in reaching the main goal which is
    automatically detaching one (or more) attachments from emails that go to a specific emailaddress and saving it (them) to a local folder
is greatly appreciated. I'm not fixed to the aliases or exim solution. Any easy solution would be perfect.

Many thanks in advance.
Holli