Re: [exim] Router configuration for mailman

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Shoaib Ahmed
CC: <exim-users@exim.org>
Subject: Re: [exim] Router configuration for mailman

On 17 Nov 2011, at 04:28, Shoaib Ahmed wrote:

> I'm new to Linux and I have successfully deployed mailman with Exim4. I want
> to configure mailman router to accept post from only local domain i.e.
> users@???, we have 450+ email accounts and some users are using Gmail,
> yahoo and other webmail for pop account. What router configuration do I
> choose??? Which allow emails from only local server i.e. abc.com and rejects
> mail from webmail pop accounts and emails which are sent from scripts as
> well.

You need a Mailman router, which accepts mail for Mailman, and routes the email. Ours says this, where MAILMAN_HOME is a macro specifying the path to Mailman. To this, you need to add a restriction that only addresses in your domain can send email to Mailman. Section 10.19 (address lists) and section 15 (router options) of the documentation are helpful here.

Use "senders = <address_list>" and the address list might, for example, say *@example.com. So your added condition would look like this:

senders = *@example.com

Also, if you have a domain list of local domains, you could say, for example,

senders = *@+local_domains

mailman_router:
    driver = accept
    require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
    domains = sussex.ac.uk:susx.ac.uk
    local_part_suffix_optional
    local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
                        -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
                        -owner : -request : -admin
    transport = mailman_transport

NB: please use example.com for example domains. It, and similar domains, are reserved for these purposes.