Re: [pcre-dev] Internal errors and crashes with quantified …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ralf Junker
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Internal errors and crashes with quantified subroutines
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Ralf Junker wrote:

> > That would only raise the maximum number of forward references from
> > around 1500 in the LINK_SIZE=3 case to around 2000, the same as the
> > LINK_SIZE=2 case.
>
> This was exactly my intention. Right now the max number of forward
> references shrinks with increasing LINK_SIZE. This change would keep it
> identical for all LINK_SIZE.

Oh I see your point. However, in the meantime, I have thought of a way
to remove the limit without too much work (it will use malloc to
increase the size of the workspace), so perhaps this doesn't matter.
After all, I suspect the occurrence of more than 1000 forward references
must be quite rare.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel