Re: [exim] Yahoo's Right Truncated Exim Error Message

Author: exim-users
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Yahoo's Right Truncated Exim Error Message
On 23/11/11 14:27, Always Learning wrote:

>> Yes, it is. You should never rely on the sender being able to see the
>> rejection message that you supplied.
>
> How does one convey anything meaningful to the sender ? Apart from
> composing a separate email to them ? And can that be done in ACL RCPT ?

The only way of doing that reliably, is to compose a separate email.
Although if you do that, you need to make sure you do appropriate sender
verification (DKIM or SPF) so that you don't generate backscatter.

It's pretty crap really, but this is the situation we find ourselves in.

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/ https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell