[pcre-dev] pattern info per pcretest

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] pattern info per pcretest
Trying various patterns via console use of pcretest, I noticed that
apparently once /S+ has been used on an re, JIT study is either being
applied to subsequent patterns that use /S or it is being reported
despite not being used.

e.g.:

re> re> /abc/S+I

Capturing subpattern count = 0
No options
First char = 'a'
Need char = 'c'
Subject length lower bound = 3
No set of starting bytes
JIT study was successful
data> abc

0: abc

re> /xyz/SI
Capturing subpattern count = 0
No options
First char = 'x'
Need char = 'z'
Subject length lower bound = 3
No set of starting bytes
JIT study was successful <<<<<<
data>

Also I noticed that pcretest has /M is available to give code size; is
there any pcretest option that gives study size?

If JIT is successful, is the compiled pattern size reported the JIT size
of the compiled pattern, or is that part of what would be returned from
pcre_fullinfo for PCRE_INFO_STUDYSIZE?

IOW is it odd that I see the same code size for unstudied and
jit-studied versions of the same pattern?

Regards,
Sheri