[exim] need to rewrite _ characters in MAIL FROM domain part

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] need to rewrite _ characters in MAIL FROM domain part
Hi,

I seem to have some apps that are sending with a underscore in
the domain part. Searching the exim-user archives suggests that
I can work around this by rewriting the MAIL FROM address,
replacing the domain part _ chars with . chars.

Can anyone offer a rewrite rule that will do this? I'm going
to try to figure it out myself now, but for someone more versed
in rewriting rules, this may be trivial.

Thanks,

Dave

  Dave Lugo     dlugo@???      No spam, thanks.
  Are you the police?  . . .  No ma'am, we're sysadmins.