Re: [pcre-dev] Posix API and JIT

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] Posix API and JIT
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Sheri wrote:

> Have you considered supporting jit study in the posix interface? I see regexec
> currently passes NULL study data to pcre_exec.

I really don't see the point of hacking the POSIX interface in non-POSIX
ways to add all the features of the native interface (such as study).
The POSIX interface was added so that existing programs that use that
interface could make use of PCRE in a basic fashion without changing
their code. If they are going to change their code, they might as well
move to the PCRE native interface and have done with it.

Sorry if that sounds rather fierce. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel