Re: [exim] disable srs for my domains

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Przemyslaw Zoltowski
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] disable srs for my domains
2011/11/8 Przemyslaw Zoltowski <p.zoltowski@???>:
>>> Maybe I should try to move SRS router after router which do lookup in aliases file ? What do u think about it ?
>> That sounds perfectly reasonable. Make sure your aliases router only
>> does your internal domains.
> i don't think i'm fully understand what you mean. can you give me more details ?

The reason I make this distinction is because you didn't say if all of
the domains are local. You may need to specifically limit which
domains the aliases router is applied to. Typically you'll have
something like:
domains = +local_domains
However if all of the domains are in +local_domains hostlist and you
only wanted to skip SRS for example.com, you'll need to specify that
in the aliases router. It very much depends on how you have it
configured.

Let's say you host example.com for yourself, and example.net and
example.org are remote domains. When an email is sent to
fax@???, you have an alias that redirects fax to
p.zoltowski@???. If you move the aliases router before the SRS
routers, then you'll get that email without any SRS rewriting.

Now, send an email to fax@???. The aliases router must
recognize that example.org is not an internal domain. Otherwise, you
would get that email aliased to p.zoltowski@??? as well. As long
as the aliases router limits the domains, this is fine.

Regards...               Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the