[exim] R: where to manage ratelimited accounts ?

Author: SW & Work SaS
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] R: where to manage ratelimited accounts ?
Hi Dave,

thanks for the answer,

but what if I want to restart checking the user at the time I reenable
him/her ?
in both your cases the check is skipped
instead I would like the re-enable the check but starting from zero and not
from the number already reached

(being my sample limited for hour I imagine every hour the data are
resetted, but what if I'm still in the hour timeframe ?)

Thanks
Flaviano

> Hello
>
> looking around in the maillist archive I've seen a couple of ideas to

manage
> (warn/block) accounts that send too fast or have too many errors in the
> period of time using the ratelimit condition
> but I've not clear where these information are stored.
>
> If, for example,
> I ratelimit a user that send more than 100 email for hour
> the count reach the limit
> and after 5 minutes I manage the things and want to reenable the customer
> where should I delete/manage the archived data so to restart the count ?

You can either adjust the acl in which you ratelimit that
user, so that ratelimiting isn't checked for that user, or
modify the ratelimit database using exim_fixdb, so that the
ratelimit check occurs, but the user isn't detected as over
the limit.