Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient verify only for non-authenticated users
Colin wrote:

> On 27/10/2011 11:26, W B Hacker wrote:
>>> Hi Graeme, thanks for the reply,
>>> I am unsure that I follow it completely. In my understanding, the
>>> require verify should only apply if the condition is met.
>>

>> Not so. The ONLY condition that applies to that 'require' is the one
>> immediately following it on its OWN line...
>>

> That makes sense now, thank you both for the assistance.
>>>
>>> How it should behave:
>>> If recipient domain is in /etc/staticroutes then do a recipient callout
>>> verification. If the verification fails with a permenant error, reject
>>> message. If the verification fails with a temporary error, accept and
>>> queue for retry.
>>>
>>> No recipient verification callouts should occur if the recipient is not
>>> in /etc/staticroutes (ie the condition is not matched).
>>>
>>> This is not what happens because recipient verification callouts are
>>> happening (and failing) on domains not in /etc/staticroutes.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Colin
>>>

>> Re-write it this way (fix MUA line-wrap!):
>>
>> =====
>>
>> deny
>>
>> ## do a check for presence in static routes file
>>
>> condition = ${if eq {1}{${lookup{$domain}lsearch \
>> {/etc/staticroutes}{1}{0}}}}
>>
>> ## .. carry-on if found, bail-out if not found
>>
>> !condition = verify recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender
>>
>> ## having arrived here IF found in the static routes file...
>> ## attempt recipient verification by callout
>> ## trigger the 'deny' entry verb if callout FAILS
>> ## ( the '!condition' of success)
>>
>> =====
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Apparently Exim doesn't like that as all messages fail with this:
>
> invalid "condition" value "verify
> recipient/defer_ok/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender"
>
> Thanks for the help so far I will do some proper testing on the ACLs out
> of hours when I can and report back when I find one that does what I
> want it to!
>
> Regards,
> Colin.

ACK - there is a right-side sin-tax error.

As Reads:

!condition = verify recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender

Is Amended To Read:

!verify = recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok,use_sender

Have to admit that having always had PostgreSQL DB to export to
<whatever>, I have never had to ASK Exim to do a 'remote' recipient test.

;-)

Bill

--
韓家標