Re: [exim] 4.77: inlist condition

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.77: inlist condition
On 2011-10-14 at 16:26 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> Whilst the use of EXPAND_LISTMATCH_RHS is tempting, I feel that if we
> enable it then we should make the effort to see if there is some
> mechanism the developers could provide to make things easier for us.

Yours looks like a reasonable case for EXPAND_LISTMATCH_RHS. You are
using the conditions safely.

Moving forward: how far can you get using a named list, which references
the variables you're interested in? (I'm seriously short on sleep right
now, can barely remember what does and doesn't work in Exim named lists,
but I think you should be able to do this, just shifting the expansion
work safely into the named list definition.)

I've been toying with the idea that Exim needs named parameterised
lookups. Notably, in 60 years of programming language development, this
idea has been stumbled upon before and has been given a catchy name.
"Functions".

-Phil