Re: [exim] 4.77: inlist condition

Author: Todd Lyons
To: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.77: inlist condition
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM, John Horne <john.horne@???> wrote:
>> > The Exim 4.77 spec.txt file states for the 'inlist' condition:
>> >     ...the second string is treated as a list of simple
>> >     strings;
>> > Is this strictly 'simple', that is, literal strings? No regex?
>> Correct.  The idea was that people were trying to use match_address{}{}
>> and friends for this and there was too much power, so I added something
>> which was very simple and did what people were trying to do already.
> Unfortunately the way we used the match_ functions was very useful in
> that it took one line and was pretty easy to see what was going on :-)
> As far as I can tell I'll need to change things to use an 'or' condition
> with eq, inlist, forany and match.

The Makefile seems to allow you to set EXPAND_LISTMATCH_RHS=yes and it
will build exim with the old behavior you are using.

Is there any reason you wouldn't be allowed to take whatever rpm or
deb you would normally use and rebuild it with that one modification?

Regards...             Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the