Re: [exim] Synchronising Authentication Between Servers

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: Colin
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Synchronising Authentication Between Servers
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Colin <exim@???> wrote:
> If the authentication is handled by the original backend server, they work
> fine but if I use the authenticator on the front end servers it may or may
> not work. The problem is consistent in that the same details will fail all
> the time on a particular server. It is inconsistent in that the details that
> fail on one server will succeed on a different server.

This symptom sounds suspiciously like something is hitting a limit.
Max open sockets, max open files, max file length. But there is
nothing that you've posted that makes me believe that is what is
happening. Could it be that the second server is limiting the
simultaneous number of connections from the front end server? I
assume that exim doesn't log anything in the panic log.

The consistency with which it does this on one account definitely
means something. If you hexdump the password file, do they have
different line-endings? Extraneous spaces? If you are saying that
the files are identical with the same md5sum, it's likely that this
has no bearing on it. (Assuming that the two are the same OS, using
the same version of exim, using an identical file, etc).

Regards...     Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the