Re: [exim] inappropriate result caching in router?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Ross Boylan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] inappropriate result caching in router?
On 2011-10-02 at 14:53 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> exim 4.69 reports it can't route lmtpbouncelong-ross@???,

^^^^^^^^^

> If I comment out the local_parts test, routing succeeds. ross is in
> +imap_users. Routing appears to fail because the result of a previous
> local_parts test (with different affixes) is used.

ChangeLog lists as one of the items fixed in Exim 4.70:

TF/03 Bugzilla 615: When checking the local_parts router precondition
      after a local_part_suffix or local_part_prefix option, Exim now
      does not use the address's named list lookup cache, since this
      contains cached lookups for the whole local part.

I'm going to start cutting the first release candidate for Exim 4.77
later this evening, in case that helps you decide to upgrade.

-Phil