Re: [exim] dealing with LMTP errors

Author: Ross Boylan
To: exim-users
CC: ross
Subject: Re: [exim] dealing with LMTP errors
On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 23:22 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2011-09-19 at 17:32 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > I am getting non-spam emails that fail delivery over LMTP to Cyrus IMAP.
> > Most likely the cause is lines that are too long (though it could also
> > be embedded NULLs).
> >
> > I would appreciate suggestions about how to handle this, assuming I'm
> > stuck with Cyrus's behavior.*
>
> Cyrus imapd.conf:
>   reject8bit:             no
>   munge8bit:              no

> Those should be sufficient.

Those options don't look as if they affect the long-line handling (or
really, even NUL, since its 8th bit is 0). Am I missing something?

Also my config file has the comment
# spamware. If you kept reject8bit disabled, you can choose to leave the
# crappage untouched by disabling this (if you don't care that IMAP SEARCH
# won't work right anymore.
#munge8bit: no
which doesn't sound too good, as I'd like SEARCH to work:)

Thanks for the tips.
Ross